Sunday 29 September 2013

Wooden Meccano? - No, it's BILOfix!



BILOfix cat

Last week, when we collected the Meccano we have been talking about in recent posts, the seller offered us a collection of BILOfix. Having never heard of it before, I was a bit hesitant. There was a considerable amount of the stuff on offer so we decided to take it and struck a deal. Expecting to return home, do an internet search and discover that we were the only people in the known civilised world who had never heard of it. How wrong can you be. I am amazed how little there is out there regarding this superbly made construction toy. An eBay search revealed nothing - not one piece for sale. A wider internet search relieved a little more information but not a lot other than it was made by Lego. I am working on a separate page over the next week or so where I will detail all I know about the system and invite contributions to help fill in any gaps.

A crane truck - it can slew and hoist
I am not going to say too much here as this stuff is not Meccano but it is interesting and as the picture below illustrates it's huge!

Size comparison; BILOfix and standard Meccano 6-hole strips
I have started a dedicated page for BILOfix HERE so keep an eye on it over the next few weeks and on for the latest news and models.

Ralph.

5 comments:

  1. I had Bilofix when I was a kid. It was FANTASTIC!!! A sort of introduction to Mecano.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No meu tempo de criança,tive o montebras fabricado pela Estrela.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. I discover something more challenging on diverse blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and employ a little from their site. I’d choose to use some together with the content in this little blog regardless of whether you do not mind. Natually I’ll provide a link on the internet weblog. Appreciate your sharing. post permalink

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a large quantity in unopened boxes - for sale tel David in Bridgend on 01656 658650

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still for sale on different phone number currently listed on Gumtree. David 01656 302314.

    ReplyDelete