Saturday 21 September 2013

Night fell and, as I opend the door...

...there standing alone in the middle of the room stood a solitary table with a dimly lit table lamp producing an eerie glow...

...an eerie glow...

Where's he gone now!

Sorry, couldn't resist that.

Old meets new...

Ralph is always going on about being a builder and not a collector. To prove it I have decided to use part of my lighting kit. It all started a week or so ago when a parcel of Meccano arrived to add to our building stock. The parcel was mainly medium red/green stock in nice condition. As usual, the first things Ralph looked at, in the pile of instruction manuals that were included with the lot, were the cranes. No surprise there then.

I'll remove the shade...
I was intrigued by the small amount of blue/gold stock included so I took a look at a very tatty manual which had a simple table made from a few pieces and standing on it was my lamp. The lamp has the cast base (of which I have one additional to my kit that has a wooden base). All I needed to do was to remove the shade from my set. I had sent Ralph off to the workshop to sort out an LED lamp to save me using my original bulbs from the kit - I am sure he will show you how he did that later. For now here is my little table and working lamp.

I think the simple table looks good with the table lamp
Sue.

No comments:

Post a Comment